Why Use i2ip - Fire Safety Order 2005 “Responsible Person“
As an employer, owner, landlord, occupier or anyone with control of premises (eg Facilities or Building Manager) you are responsible for fire safety in business or other non-domestic premises.
The responsible person must:
- Assess and regularly review fire risk.
- Inform staff of risks and provide training.
- Install and maintain a fire safety system.
- Plan for an emergency.
- 40% of businesses do not reopen after emergency and a further 25% fail within a year (FEMA report).
- Failure to fulfill responsibilities can result in alterations, enforcement or prohibition notices closing your premises.
- The responsible person can face unlimited fines and 2 years prison.